Sunday, February 20, 2011

Song of the Day

**2/20/11
The Blakes - Don't Bother Me
-----------------An album ends and you need something to listen to - happens every day. I was asked what I wanted to hear next, I said "anything that sounds like the Beach Boys took too much acid, recorded some demo tracks during a punk phase and never released it." Wil pulled out a band called The Blakes, and he was pretty spot on with my description.

  The Blakes hail from Seattle, and have had a varied career independent of labels and within them. In 2009 they released Lights On EP and Souvenir LP. "Don't Bother Me" is from their 2006 self-titled album released on a local label Light in the Attic. It was their first commercially available album, and it's definitely a more pop driven sound.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYUA8QXd99I

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...