Monday, February 1, 2010

Song of the Day


**2/1/10

Talib Kweli - I Try

------------I try to vary the music that I walk around town to everyday, but today I found myself listening to Common's entire catalog. Since I don't like to repeat artists on this blog, I handed my hip-hop driven mind to Pandora to point me in a similar direction. Kweli came on, and I'm more than satisfied.

After a night of glitzy and glamorous playtime at the Grammys, I wanted something a little more pensive (and an album that's a bit mature for music turnaround) to welcome the new month and a new year of music. Talib Kweli teams up with Mary J. Blige on the stark confessional, "I Try," with razor-sharp rhymes slicing through thoughts on heritage, and the status quo of music. The Beautiful Struggle, is the Brooklyn emcee's 2004 project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...