Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Song of the Day


**2/9/10

Stricken City - Lost Art

---------------Females were the dominant species in my ipod explorations this morning. Jenny Lewis said good morning with Rilo Kiley's Under the Blacklight and then I opted for some R&B sexydivaness in Destiny's Child.


If I could throw this out there, I encourage everyone to listen to a band they haven't jammed to in a while today. It could change your mood for the better (but hopefully not for worse!). Por ejemplo, I probably looked like a downright crazy person as I walked around today hearing "I'm ah Surviiivaahh!!" circulating my eardrums, but the out-of-placeness made it a more interesting walk.


Stepping down from my soapbox, I've gotta say Stricken City's Rebekah Raa is my new leading lady for the afternoon. "Lost Art" is a masterpiece of panic-frantic lyrics and a swirling bass line that I cannot stop freaking out over. Get "Lost Art" from the Stricken City album, Lost Art, and check out their latest release, Songs About People I Know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...