Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Song of the Day


**7/12/10
The Doobie Brothers - Blackwater
------------------Finally I found a decent coffee shop that isn't a national chain in my hometown. I'm happy to be back in this caffeinated, aromatic heaven for my schnoz with a large New Orleans dark by my side.


Not all coffee shops play Miles Davis-style jazz and quiet songstress acoustic tunes. I've sipped on java tapping my toes to everything from Gorillaz to Zero 7, Flogging Molly and Angels and Airwaves. Where I am now, they're favoring classic rock, which always makes me feel like I have dust on my shoes, a tractor on an honest-living farm, and a little more "Amuurrica" inside of me.


The Doobie Brothers have sold more than 30 million albums in their career. Safe to assume then, that at least 30 million people have heard "Blackwater," the Huck and Jim river song that beckons a brewsky and a comfortable rocking chair on a patio. Get this hit from the 1974, 44-minute long album, What Were Once Vices are now Habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...