Sunday, July 25, 2010

Song of the Day


**7/25/10
Scarlett Johansson - Bullet
---------------Been a while, hasn't it? I was on vacation where I was enjoying no technology and sunny shores. I did not however enjoy my dad's ipod playing mostly Barbara Streisand all day long. Not my stickkabutta, if you catch my drift.
Scarlett Johansson's cover of Steel Train's "Bullet" is my drift. It's nothing incredibly special in terms of vocal talent, but ScarJo makes it work for her with smoky whispers and clever echo effects thanks to a producer who must wear an "I love seductive-sounding indie movie stars/singers" t-shirt. Take a listen to it on Absolutepunk.net. The photo above features Johansson performing at Coachella Music Festival back in May. Lovin' the hat.

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1816082

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...