Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Song of the Day

**10/26/10
Perfume Genius - Dreem
--------------------My lovely and wonderful boss gave me a $15 Itunes giftcard (I know, about as antiquated as the now discontinued Walkman), and I actually feel...comfortable (?) actually buying music for a change. The drawback is the selection process that takes a century, but so far I've bought one song - "Joey" by Grace Potter & the Nocturnals. It's off their first LP and it's a wonderful bluesy-Janis Joplin sound.

  In my search for more, I looked at Pitchfork, which for all it's supposed indie-pompous douchebaggery-prosed  reviews finds some really great stuff. Today's Forkast featured Perfume Genius and a rare performance of "Dreem." When Pitchfork describes it as "painfully beautiful," you're convinced. Perfume Genius is for those who die over the ethereal piano in Aqualung and have Bon Iver typed into their Grooveshark accounts.
 
The video is Perfume Genius performing "Dreem" for Q TV. His new album, Learning, is available now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efGME5aCahE&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...