Monday, November 29, 2010

Song of the Day

**11/29/10
Beach Fossils - Golden Age
--------------Today's selection process was quite a challenge - I had a lot of candidates up for the vote, and I had a super difficult time figuring out who to feature today.

 To help, I turned to one of my many audio-spiritual guides: Pandora. I chose Real Estate for my station title and  was delivered a musical wonderland of surf rock, a sound that can be grainy with overdrive or calm like waves in sleepy electric guitar.

Beach Fossils were my top choice because they emphasize everything the genre can and should be. Take a listen, and you'll know what I mean.The sound is something like what you'd hear in a 1950's jukebox, but with a lot more punk and subjects that don't involve pink Cadillacs and sock hops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoyTJQk4Les

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...