Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fall

My friend's father was murdered yesterday.

He was shot point blank on his way into work, just ready to begin another day and to make an honest living.

Does it make sense? Of course not. You can't label this as an accident. Another victim of a senseless crime. It is an unwonted tragedy. I have yet to cry, I'm shocked, confused, anxious, and grateful it wasn't my family. I ask that you keep my friend's family in your hearts.

The first thing I did after talking to several friends on the phone was play "Self Conclusion" by Spill Canvas. The first song I listened to after hearing this news was "Venice Queen" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. As I write this, I am listening to Something Corporate's North, an album that has willed me through the worst.

What do you listen to in times of tragedy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...