Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Song of the Day


**1/6/09

The Wallflowers -Sleepwalker

-------------The perks of being in The Wallflowers aren't shy and demure. No, The Wallflowers from L.A. have nothing to hide from, especially not their double whammy-Grammy awards back in 1998 for Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group. And though they went out to vocalist Jacob Dylan's "One Headlight," "Sleepwalker" sings of the everyday far-from-normalcy of fame, love, and self-identity. "Sleepwalker" is wide awake with lyrics alive with expressive stabs at celebrity:


Maybe I could be the one they adore/
That could be my reputation/
It's where I'm from that lets them think I'm a whore/
I'm an educated virgin


Get "Sleepwalker" from The Wallflower's 2000 album, Breach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...