Monday, April 19, 2010

Song of the Day


**4/19/10

Atmosphere - Sunshine

--------------It's a beautiful new day for Songs All Seven, I can tell you that much. I hope you all like the new logo - thank you David Newson for your talents and time!


Atmosphere has my spirits flying high this week, even though I'm up to my nose in papers and many, many random things that I need to write down or else I'm bound to forget to do it. Any fan of well written ciphers the likes of Lupe Fiasco and Talib Kweli will gravitate towards Atmosphere.


A group that has been making indie hip-hop beats since 1993, Atmosphere have amassed a massive following with 50 million + listens on their Myspace place and a number of albums. To this day they remain one of the most successful independent hip hop artists in music. They're humble in their collaborations and heavy in their lyrical content, from their Minneapolis hometown to the blue collar life, drugs and women.


"Sunshine" doesn't carry as much weight as Atmosphere's usual material. It's drunk with optimism and good day feelings, despite a rather rocky morning. The lyrics document a nasty hangover and what a bicycle can do for your happiness. Get it from Atmosphere's 2007 EP, Sad Clown Bad Summer Number 9.



No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...