Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spoon and Deerhunter - Tabernacle, Atlanta GA

As you may have guessed, I wandered down to the land of Peaches and heavy-thudding rap music this weekend to see Spoon and Deerhunter at the Tabernacle.
Well, my trusty but not so trusty Canon pooped out of batteries so I have no photography to share with you. But believe me, the venue is a hipster version of Phantom of the Opera. It's an old theatre with balcony seating, crafted fixtures, a gigantic and ornate chandelier and large windows. But instead of stuffy drapes and guilded fixtures you have whimsical star paintings and bright crayon colors. PBR instead of champagne, Levi skinny jeans in place of petticoats, you get the jist.
Spoon worked it in a non-sweat driven set, and though I'm not entirely familiar with their work, I can say it was a good show. It's already toasty in Atlanta, and it's only March! The only thing the Tabernacle needs to be a holy concert heaven is some A/C. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...