Friday, March 26, 2010

A Trompin' We Will Go...


Sadly, I'm not this in-tents...get it? Camping joke!

This weekend I'll be abandoning electricity, warmth and real sustenance in favor of some campfires, thermal blankets and Ramen. I'm backpacking through Wilson Creek, and for those who don't know, it's in Pigsah National Forest at the foot of Grandfather Mountain in North Carolina.

I was assigned the all-too-impossible task of deciding what trails to take, sans GPS and everything. All I have is a compass and a plea with the mighty mountain gods that I don't get swallowed whole by a bear or wake up downriver on a raft of leaves and deerhide...

...it won't be that bad, I know! But while I'm immersed in wilderness, listen to some songs you'd want to hear at a campfire. Here are a couple of my favorites. Kumbayah, city-slickers.

1. Jack Johnson - Constellations

2. Whitley - Under the Stars

3. Eddie Vedder - Guarenteed

4. Daniel Martin Moore - That'll Be the Plan

5. Johnny Cash - I Walk the Line


6. James Taylor - anything, but particularly, Sweet Baby James


7. Cory Brannan - Tall Green Grass

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...