Sunday, September 12, 2010

Song of the Day

**9/12/10
Aluminum Group - Sweet Child of Mine
-----------I always feel like a battle-hardened warrior when the weekend is over. Like many people I shove all of my plans to Friday and Saturday so when Sunday rolls around all I feel like listening to is stuff that'll help me catch up on some sleep.

Wil Brian, a good friend of mine who owns a local coffee shop takes over the house's speakers whenever I come by just so he can show me an artist I've never heard of before. Makes me feel bad for the people trying to study whenever he plays bar-drinking Irish bands and 90's Seattle punk,but it's his place and he can do what he wants.

But Aluminum Group weren't the thrashing, energy-annihilating group I prepared my ears for. Surprisingly their cover of Guns n' Roses "Sweet Child of Mine" quietly swooned over acoustic guitars and echoing vocals. Aluminum took a hard metal song of sweet devotion lyrics and took some edge off of Slash's solos and Axl's falsetto.

Here's the video for their cover. The song starts at the 0:54 mark. Thanks, Wil!

Aluminum Group Sweet Child of Mine cover

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...