Sunday, September 19, 2010

Song of the Day


**9/19/10
Fruit Bats - My Unusual Friend
------------Today has been a non-stop marathon of typing, researching, note-taking and other things that are completely capable of ruining the gorgeous day outside these big library windows. Sunday is never a day of rest for me - it's when I catch up on everything I didn't do while I was doing nothing over the weekend.

Well, I did do one thing: got more music. After working merch table at the Infamous Stringduster show this Thursday I loaded their entire discography (thanks, Andy Falco!) to my itunes. Then I picked up Fruit Bats' album The Ruminant Band at a local record store.

The album cover reminds me of that Nick Jr. show Little Bill that used to be on when I was younger. Maybe that's why I bought it without ever hearing of the band. It turned out to sound wonderful and I'm very happy with "My Unusual Friend." Hear it for yourself and see if you like it.


http://www.myspace.com/thefruitbats

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...