Thursday, September 17, 2009

Contact Tables and Concerts

   Thought I'd do a quick little update about my plans for tonight. Toubab Krewe and Scythian are here tonight at Legends, and I've been promoting the show since 11:00 a.m. 
  There's something very invasive and awkward about contact tables. You can either sit behind the table scattered with posters and text or do some communications homework, or you can stand in front and stuff handbills into the palms of strangers holding a half-finished text message or a Crossroads latte. Sure you're encroaching on their bubble, but hey - if it gets one more person to the show tonight, it's worth it. 
  Working on merch throughout the show for Toubab Krewe. Scythian is supposed to be a killer dance band. I've never seen their show before, and I'm looking forward to a fun, dance-filled night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...