Monday, September 28, 2009

Song of the Day


**9/28/09

Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

------------------A windy, crisp, exquisite fall day. Now I can finally say that it is fall, because we've officially passed September twenty-whatever, so the leaves have calendar permission to change color and temperatures have the thumbs up to plummet each passing day.


Silversun Pickups snuck into my Itunes shuffle tonight. Ironic, because they're headlining a show in Tennessee tomorrow night with Manchester Orchestra playing as well. I would love to go to the show, if I wasn't poor and didn't have a mother-freaking 8 a.m. the next morning.


Alas, I can still listen to the trances of "Lazy Eye," with tunnel vision guitars and synth, not to mention Brain Aubert, who is one of the first frontmen I confidently categorize as an indie-rock singer (among others of course). "Lazy Eye" turns feedback away from its stereotypical noise into an ambient pleasure, an henceforth, I am drawn to it like a hipster to a steaming cup of chai. Take a sip of "Lazy Eye" from Carnavas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...