Thursday, January 21, 2010

Corey Smith at Legends - January 20, 2010












Alright, before you stop reading my blog forever, I know Corey Smith is not my traditional keg of Budweiser. But sometimes you've gotta shove your pride into your Converse high-tops and take the music like a man, a man with more patience than a Buddhist monk and a saintly tolerance for the most bro-tinged "COOOORREEEEEYYYYY" hoots.

Though I felt like the red-headed step child, I got some photographs out of the deal and a resurgence of hate for covers. These songs are now burn wounds thanks to the show:

AC/DC - You Shook Me (All Night Long)
Journey - Don't Stop Believing
Tom Petty - Free Fallin'
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

A final note: If I see anyone 'round these parts with a "Let Me Love You on a Back Road" t-shirt, I'll be the one shaking my head disapprovingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...