Sunday, December 6, 2009

Song of the Day


**12/6/09

The Courteeners - That Kiss

-------------I'm convinced that my laptop is going through its annual PMS, so I apologize if within the next two weeks or so, the posts are a touch scattered. But if the posts are a little spread out, I can assure you I'm leaving your ears with a fantastic artist. The Courteeners may as well be a 2009 reincarnation of The Smiths, though with a little more pep in their indie-pop step. Fronted by the dashing and smooth voiced Liam Fray, The Courteeners formed in 2006, releasing their debut LP St. Jude to an impressive #4 spot on the charts in 2008.


Even in songs with slightly melancholy themes, the songs are as buoyant and catchy as a Pepsi commercial. "That Kiss" dreams through a sequence of distracting glances and body language doing all the talking without uttering a word. Get "That Kiss" from The Courteeners album St. Jude.


No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...