Monday, December 21, 2009

Song of the Day


**12/21/09

Reinventing Your Exit - Underoath

-------------This song definitely gets a thumbs up on my Pandora playlist. I never used to pay any lick of attention to Underoath because I, like many others, discounted their credibility as real rockers due an old mantra of mine: "If they scream, in your dreams."


But then I saw the Florida rockin' out for Jesus at Vans Warped Tour, and I couldn't turn away from thier absolutely dees-gusting energy. "Reinventing Your Exit" examines the anxious desire we have to go somewhere, to be someone bigger than ourselves and admitting we aren't invincible. Get it from the band's 2004 album, They're Only Chasing Safety.


Underoath are currently on tour with August Burns Red and Emery. Their latest album is Lost in the Sound of Separation, released in September 2008.





No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...