Tuesday, December 15, 2009


Yes,that is my left foot propped ever so dangerously and nonchalantly on top of my vent. I wouldn't recommend this stance for new drivers...JUS sayin'. I'm trying out some nifty new tricks with Paint (yes,yes, guffaw and point at my meek efforts), but the point is that I went on a short-ish trip today, and here's the list of what I jammed to on the way to and from:



1. Liz Phair - Exile in Guyville

Good for the girl or guy who enjoys more rennegade heartland-ish music. Phair's low moan fits the often eyebrow-raising themes in Guyville like a Dunkin' Donut and Coffee.


2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

With adventure ready songs such as "Around the World," "Emitremmus," and "Road Trippin'" as well as the more contemplative "Scar Tissue" and "Porcelian," this funk rock album was made for the road.


3. Jay Z - The Blueprint 3

The oddball in the bunch, right? Correct, but HOVA's run-this-town raps are ideal for feeling like you're driving a Murcielago instead of a...ahem....Honda.


4. Kings of Leon - Because of the Times

Back to the rock, and back to the roots with wailing guitars and pavement-pounding rock n' roll. By far the best Kings album there is.


Told you it was a short trip! I have just begun a long-extended and desperately needed vacation, but I'll be back with more new songs soon.


Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...