Sunday, June 13, 2010

Phoenix at the Music Factory





Humility is something you hardly see in bands as popular as Phoenix. Some frontmen have been diagnosed with the "I am God" mental disorder and expect the crowd to kiss their most holy feet.
But that wasn't the case Saturday night. Thomas Mars was gracious and thankful for the fans' enthusiasm, which translated into an unforgettable show. Here's the set list:

  1. Lisztomania
  2. Long Distance Call
  3. Lasso
  4. Consolation Prizes
  5. Fences
  6. Girlfriend
  7. Armistace
  8. Love Like a Sunset
  9. If I Ever Feel Better
  10. Run, Run, Run
  11. Rally
  12. Countdown (Sick For The Big Sun)
  13. Rome
  14. Funky Squaredance
  15. Encore:
  16. Everything Is Everything
  17. Playground Love (Air cover)
  18. 1901
During a concert-extended version of "1901," Mars called upon the crowd to join in the fun proclaiming, "the stage is yours!" Needless to say I took off like a middle-aged soccer mom at WalMart on Black Friday. The stage was taller than I was, and I hoisted myself up just enough to flash the entire world my bright pink underthings.

Got a couple of scrapes on the left arm and tons of sweat all over me, but it was absolutely worth it. Those at Bonnaroo are going to see them today, but if they have a set even close to last night, I'll be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...