Thursday, June 3, 2010

Song of the Day


**6/3/10
Magic Man - Daughter
----------Though you may think that I am the sole creator of my love of music, I can actually admit that I was not the reason behind my passion. A dear friend of mine saved my soul from Scorpion and Guns n' Roses in favor of The Starting Line and Ratatat.
Upon meeting with her today, she showed me Magic Man, a duo of Tufts students who created their album Real Life Color by emailing and forwarding samples and pieces back and forth across the country. Sound a little Thievery Corporation? Funny you should think that - if you're a connoisseur of all things electro-indie or Ben Gibbard, Magic Man is perfect for you.

And no, there's no cover of "Such Great Heights," which seems like the obligatory cover for anyone with a Mac Air, Electribe and Twitter page. With vocals reminiscent of Bon Iver and beats like Thievery, Magic Man is a duo of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...