Monday, November 9, 2009

Song of the Day

**11/9/09
Young Soul Rebels - Shot
---------ATTENTION: All fans of The Fratellis, The Hives, The Kinks, The Kooks, you get the idea - Young Soul Rebels is your new, pearly gateway to brit-punk heaven. Young Soul Rebels are a quintet of blokes from Brighton, who brighten up the cloudy and somewhat seriousness of punk with some rascally fun.

Funny story behind this discovery of music, or musicovery. I saw the name Young Soul Rebels on the Billboard charts backing up a remake of War Child's "I Got Soul." When I Googled YSR, I ended up coming across this band. Peculiar how the world wide web can lead you to an entirely different world than what you expected!

In other news, Brand New tonight. It's been on the bucket list of bands for many music lovers around me, and I wish deeply that they could go with me to share in the experience. Take it from me - when you're going to see the right band for the right time in your life, the journey is beyond meaningful. Enjoy Young Soul Rebels, and if you're going, I hope to see you at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...