Monday, November 30, 2009

Song of the Day


**11/30/09

Band of Skulls - Friends

-------------Band of Skulls must have a friend who's been secretly sending their music to record labels and vampire authors. The British rock trio were suprised the movie's music supervisors even knew who they were. Nonetheless, the slow-bopping tambourine tapper "Friends" pledges allegiance to bar hopping and weekend devotions to best pals with more commercial appeal than the band may have expected. They played up Thanksgiving at The Neighborhood Theater, a hometown venue in Charlotte, NC, and if my tummy wasn't so obese with greenbean casserole and stuffing, I'd have seen them. Get "Friends" from the New Moon soundtrack (sorry...I wish it was on another album). But if you want to hear more Band of Skulls, check out "Death By Diamonds and Pearls" and "I Know What I Am" from their debut album Baby Darling Doll Face Honey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...