Sunday, October 4, 2009

Song of the Day


**10/4/09

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - Listen Close

-------------Had a beautiful surprise from a few wonderful friends this weekend, and I found myself constantly preoccupied and honestly, unwilling to plop myself down for longer than three seconds.

It's somewhat peculiar and cliche to mention, but you never truly understand an experience until you, well, experience it. Being kept together by highways and telephone lines may seem crazy and unusual, but songs like "Listen Close" by the Alabama Maylene and the Sons of Disaster erase any lines drawn over a perfect canvas. Maylene and Sons features former Underoath frontman Dallas Taylor singing longingly for a far-away muse, and the lyrics (which I have so conveniently posted for your sing-along pleasure) dig deep into a missed love, but also of scarier doubts (i.e. the final lyric of the final verse " I've been gone so long I'm afraid I might be losin' you." Get "Listen Close" from Maylene and the Sons of Disaster III.
=Verse 1=
It's been awhile and a million miles
Since I've seen the sun shine on your face
A long time coming but now I'm runnin' back home
Southern pines and neon signs and every backroad between the two
Out of sight don't mean out of mind to me
=Chorus=
Carry on this way
I'm singin' to you from somewhere tonight am I getting through?(Is it getting through?)
I choke on every word and it never comes out right
This would be so much easier standing next to you
=Verse 2=
I didn't know what I was lookin' for
But I found it when I took your hand
The cheshire smile still cuts me down to the bone
Preacher says it's for rich or poorWe see a lot of the latter of two
I've been gone so long I'm afraid I might be losin' you
=Chorus=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmRYM0dQ9_M

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...