Monday, October 19, 2009

Song of the Day


**10/19/09

The Hint - Deep Blue Sound

--------------I realised about three seconds ago that I have been neglecting the beautiful new discoveries that Myspace has if you just look in the bulletin bar. My posting about The Hint is taking place in BeansTalk, my home away from home that has the most delicious cup o' joe I've ever sipped in my limited, ADD memory.
The Hint are bound to sound a tad familiar to those who favor The Cure and a select number of slow-jam pop punk balladers, but what gets me about The Hint is their mellow aggression in their metaphorical montages. "Deep Blue Sound" contains everything from butterflies to ships running aground to describe the fall of fancy, and the movements include soaring synth and even a wailing guitar solo. To some it may be a bit cumbersome, but to others it is a thoughtful effort to exercise musical abilities. Get "Deep Blue Sound" from The Hint's third album, I Am The Hint.




No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...