Monday, October 5, 2009

Song of the Day


**10/5/09

Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band - Roosevelt Room

-------------------I was reclining in my rollaway chair in my Rock Lyrics class listening to my peer's lyrics projects and scribbling notes on index cards criticizing each presentation. My ears were sick and tired after hearing the third Dave Matthews Band song, but then someone saved me with some killer Omaha Oberst side-project magic. Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band supposedly said goodbye at the end of August, but honestly, I would have loved to hear more of this band's stuff. I dig Oberst when he's pensive and moody, but my ears love getting drunk off of a big, massive draft of ADD guitars, vagabond timbre, and a little political spite to chase it down. Get "Roosevelt Hotel" from Outer South.


No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...