Monday, October 12, 2009

Song of the Rainy, Cold Day


**10/12/09

Aqualung - Take Me Home

--------------Unless you are new to my musings, you have probably noticed that rainy days are ones that I rarely look at with a soggy mood (unlike my poor feet, which even wrapped in tube socks and fugly Uggs are still numb). Some of my favorite Zzz's are caught and most delicious coffee's are drunk while listening to the hypnotic diminishes of Matt Hale's piano. Under the nom de plume "Aqualung," Hale's tragically pretty "Take Me Home" sounds perfect against a backdrop of fog and underneath a toasty warm throw. Can ya tell I'm looking forward to an afternoon nap here?!

Well, if you've been blessed with fair weather, pair it with "Brighter Than Sunshine," a sweet symphony of violins and piano, and Bambi-esque "suddenly you're mine" lyrics. I'm pretty sure my heart murmers with joy every time I listen to this one. Get both songs, no matter what the weather, from Aqualung's Still Life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...