Thursday, October 15, 2009

Song of the Day


**10/15/09

Christina Aguilera - So Emotional

------------------After channel surfing through three rotations of cable TV, I finally rested on VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's. Most of the songs were a lollipop sweet return to the past, and I decided to take one of my own favorites from this decade (though I don't think I know enough 90's songs to pick a top 100). Nostalgia rang true and clear in one of my favorite pop bells, Christina Aguilera. I'll never remember how to spell her last name, but everyone should remember her name in pop music.



When Christina's self-titled debut was released, I'm pretty sure I was still shopping in Limited Too and getting rides to basketball practice in my mom's Chrystler minivan. But hey now - that didn't mean I wasn't crushing on the superstar stud of my fifth grade class and didn't get all torn up inside - Christina spoke to me!



"So Emotional" offers no solution to the troubled mind of a preteen exactly, but the tug-of-war motif of the song against Aguilera's angelic voice makes any dilemma seem alright. Get "So Emotional" from Christina Aguilera's 1999 chart-topping debut album.


No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...