Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Song of the Day

**10/28/09
The Damnwells - Bastard of Midnight
-------------Sometimes the hardest thing to do is confess: clear the innermost secrets out of your locked chest where your heart thumps endlessly, and sometimes restlessly. "Bastard of Midnight" isn't an easy admission, yet it's relieving to hear. Take it from the one throwing her fingers at the keyboard - fessing up is only one letter away from messing up. For those of us not strong enough to admit how we feel, The Damnwells are a damn good tag-team. Get "Bastard of Midnight" from The Damnwells One Last Century.

http://www.myspace.com/thedamnwells

...The version I have in my library is simply acoustic guitar and Alex Dezen. When it's the writer and his instrument, the song instantly becomes intimate. It's an inescapable connection, like you're sitting on the couch where he wrote the song. I apologize from the bottom of my heart that I can't find the album this version is on, but if you can find it, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

music lovers had to say...